1Title one- General provisions
The International Zurkhaneh Sports and Koshti Pahlavani Federation (IZSF), referred to in this constitution as the International Federation, was created at the Federation Constituent Assembly held in Tehran on October 11th, 2004 in the National Olympic and Paralympic Committee of the Islamic Republic of Iran and its Constitution was approved at the above mentioned assembly and consequently at the Fourth General Assembly (Dhaka, Bangladesh, July 30th, 2011), Fifth General Assembly (Tehran, Iran, December 16th, 2012) and Sixth General Assembly (Dushanbe, Tajikistan, February 27th, 2015) some modifications were made in the aforementioned Constitution and eventually, at the Seventh General Assembly (Jakarta, Indonesia, October 7th, 2016) its final draft was approved as follows.
The IZSF is a world organization comprising different countries with National Federation and Members, competent in all styles of Zurkhaneh Sports and Koshti Pahlavani and complying with the IZSF Constitution and Regulations.
The IZSF shall have its administrative Headquarter permanently in Tehran, Iran and can have offices or branches in other parts of the world as approved by the Bureau. The IZSF is an association of unlimited duration.
The official language of the IZSF shall be Farsi and English; correspondence, regulations, protocols and minutes of all kinds shall be written exclusively in these two languages. Similarly, all debates shall be conducted in these two languages.
Note- German, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, Arabic, French, Japanese and Korean can also be considered as official working languages when accompanied by their written and verbal translation in Persian and English provided by the reporter concerned.
The emblem of the IZSF includes a symbol of Zurkhaneh Sport and Koshti Pahlavani as well as the name of the federation. The emblem shall be officially registered at international and local competent authorities. The IZSF flag bears the abovementioned symbol, which is reproduced on a white background.
The name, the flag, the symbol, the emblem, championship scores, cups for all age groups, the audio-visual, video and internet rights, signs, consumer and non-consumer objects models, brand names and geographical signs are also International Federation’s exclusive property and their use by different countries at national and international levels without permission from the IZSF is illegal.
2Title two- Aims and responsibilities:
- To introduce and promote Zurkhaneh sports and Koshti Pahlevani in all countries around the world.
- To develop this sport in the world.
- To promote the objectives of the Olympic Committee in line with world peace development and international cooperation.
- Institutionalization of ethics, altruism and philanthropy through promotion of this sport in the world.
- To contribute to the development of friendly relations between all athletes and between the National Federations, and to encourage and support all actions aimed at achieving the objectives of the International Federation.
- To exercise control and program to develop Zurkhaneh Sports and Koshti Pahlavani in the world.
- Provide guidance for implementation of Koshti Pahlavani rules and regulations in non-Olympic games, world tournaments, world cup, continental championships and in general, all the competitions that are without exception supervised and controlled by IZSF.
- To attempt for recognition of Zurkhaneh Sports and Koshti Pahlavani as Olympic and Continental Games and register the IZSF membership in the pertinent international societies.
- to protect its interests at the International Olympic Committee, as well as at all other doing necessary lobbies in International Committees.
- To lay down the related international rules for the Zurkhaneh sports and Koshti Pahlevani and provide technical assistance to members.
- To supervise the application of International Federation’s Rules and Regulations at all the international events.
- To train coaches, Mursheds, referees and athletes in different countries.
- To develop regulations and supervise the ranking of athletes, coaches, referees and Mursheds and their compliance with International Federation’s rules.
- To arbitrate and take all necessary decisions in all cases of litigation or disputes which may arise between the members and affiliated National Federations.
- To establish administrative organization of the International Federation.
- To create databases for all the affairs of the International Federation.
- To conduct economic activities at the national and international levels.
Title three- Obligations:
The IZSF shall undertake to refrain completely from involving in political issues and believing that all the people of the world are members of the world family, in the framework of the Constitution, shall undertake to guarantee fair treatment of all members from any group or race and refrains from all gender, linguistic, color or nationality discrimination and shall supervise the implementation of this article.
Regarding the spirit of Zurkhaneh Sports and Koshti Pahlavni, the IZSF and all its members shall especially undertake to commit to fairness, generosity, humility, altruism and observance of the Constitution, rules and regulations.
The IZSF shall respect anti-doping rules at all executive stages and considers it necessary to strictly prohibit the use of any material that artificially boosts physical activity or helps athletes. The IZSF also requires that athletes refrain from using prohibited drugs, the official list of which is annually published by the International Olympic Committee and World Anti-Doping Agency. In events supervised by the IZSF, tests shall be carried out under the conditions laid down in the IZSF Anti-Doping Regulations. Under no circumstances may the competitors, directors or officials oppose these tests conducted according to the IZSF Anti-Doping Regulations and World Anti-Doping Agency. Doping control is the responsibility of members.
Note- Doping controls may be carried out at IZSF's request on athletes several times a year, in or out of competitions, by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), according to the agreement signed by the IZSF and the WADA, at any time and in any country.
In order to be allowed to participate in international Games coming under the authority of the IZSF, athletes must comply with the definition given in the Olympic Charter.
4Title four- Structure and membership:
The IZSF is composed of the Member National Federations and the Continental Confederations and in National level has 2 types:
- Affiliated members
- Associated members
1- Affiliated member refers to a recognized National Federation which governs Zurkhaneh Sports and Koshti Pahlavani activities in its respective country and which has complied with the formalities of affiliation and has become a member of the IZSF and is committed to compliance with the respective regulations.
2- Associated member: Until National Zurkhaneh Sports and Koshti Pahlavani Federation has not been established in a country, the national sports organization or sport club active in the Zurkhaneh Sports and Koshti Pahlavani or a Zurkhaneh approved by the national sport organization in that country after going through all formalities of IZSF and its approval can become an associated member of the IZSF.
Every National Federation which is officially established shall be admitted to the IZSF providing:
1- It expresses its intention in writing, signed by its President and attesting its autonomy and independence.
2- It adheres to the IZSF Constitution.
3- It promises to impose IZSF Constitution and Regulations on all its affiliated societies.
4- It agrees to settle the membership fee(s) and due(s) as laid down in the IZSF Financial Regulations in writing.
5- It pays its first annual membership fee.
6- Each National Federation’s Constitution must be in harmony with the IZSF Constitution; and the National Federation will have to send an authenticated copy of its Constitution and Regulations, signed by its President and Secretary General, together with a request of recognition.
Note1- In certain exceptional circumstances after official approval of president of IZSF, the Bureau can decide that a National Federation be provisionally affiliated, even if all the conditions have not been fulfilled and final affiliation will be granted during the following General Assembly.
Note 2- If, in one country, several Federations exist, control and practice Koshti Pahlevani styles, only one may be affiliated to the IZSF.
IZSF membership may be lost under the following circumstances:
- Cessation of Zurkhaneh Sports and Koshti Pahlavani activities.
- Permanent expulsion from the IZSF, decided upon by the IZSF Bureau and ratified by General Assembly, according to the disciplinary regulations, as a result of:
- Failure to pay membership fees or possible fines.
- Serious offences as determined by the IZSF Bureau.
- The pursuit of aims prejudicial to those of IZSF.
- Serious infringements of the Constitution and Regulations.
- Refusal to comply with IZSF decisions.
Note- The decision leading to expulsion of a National Federation can only finally be taken by a majority vote at the General Assembly.
5Title five- Financial affairs:
The various contributions, dues or fees payable to the IZSF, which are established in the Financial Regulations, include in particular:
- Annual membership fees.
- License stamps of all kinds and sales of brand
- Admission fees for various contests and international conferences
- Admission fees for training courses for athletes, coaches, referees, Mursheds, etc. (receiving card and upgrading the grades)
- Penalty fees and fines of all kinds
- Income from selling any goods e.g. Clothes, Logos, Flags and funds created in Exceptional circumstances
- Earnings from investments, donations, gifts, holding international conferences, etc.
- Receiving help from governments and nongovernmental sponsors without interference with IZSF affairs
- Opening Account is authorized with the joint signature of President and Secretary General and the signature of IZSF Financial Affairs Manager.
- Withdrawing from account is authorized with the signatures of President and Financial Affairs Manager and if the President delegates his signature to Secretary General or chief executive officer (CEO) with one of the three signatures of President or Secretary General or CEO and the fixed signature of Financial Affairs Manager.
Note1- the President is responsible for determining and allocating the costs; or if he chooses to delegate his authority, the Secretary General or CEO will be responsible for the determination and allocation of the costs.
Note2- IZSF Financial Affairs Manager is responsible for saving, editing and reporting the Financial Affairs under the supervision of Secretary General or CEO as approved by President.
Note3- Financial Affairs Manager will be selected by President and introduced to the Bureau and Executive Committee.
6Title six- Composition:
Components of the IZSF are as follows:
- General Assembly
- Executive Committee
General Assembly is the supreme organ of the IZSF whose members are (official) representatives of the member states and members of the Executive Committee.
- Approval and modification of the articles of the Constitution.
- Approval of the IZSF Bureau’s balance sheets and financial reports.
- Vetting and approval of the candidates for IZSF President and Honorary Members.
- The election of IZSF President.
- The election of IZSF Executive Committee.
- Approval of the President’s recommendation of nomination by acclamation of the Honorary President and of the Honorary Members.
- Acceptance and exclusion of Associated Members.
- Decisions on all matters and all suggestions put forward by National Federations and according to the regulations stipulated in this Constitution, included on the agenda.
- Determining the amount of subscription fees and the sources of IZSF revenues.
- Deliberation on all problems put forward by the IZSF Bureau and according to the regulations stipulated in this Constitution, included on the agenda of the General Assembly.
Note- Due to the importance of basic development of Zurkhaneh Sports and Koshti Pahlavani and in order to achieve a stable structural development of IZSF activities in the early years of its establishment, the Executive Committee elected in the first General Assembly, will continue in activities until such time when quarter of fifty countries as its official members has been reached and will submit a report in the General Assembly on the IZSF progress. The General Assembly shall examine, discuss and take decisions on the motions proposed, and shall determine the general guidelines for action to be taken by these federations.
- The General Assembly of the IZSF must meet upon the approval of the IZSF president once every two years, in principle Olympic Games year and during World Championships or its periodical international events. Presence of two-thirds of members of the General Assembly is needed for a quorum.
- Before the opening of the General Assembly, the representatives of the National Federations must present their signed voting authorities to the General Assembly Secretariat who will check that the document is authentic by comparing it with the copy received at the IZSF Secretariat and gets the approval of the President not later than seven days before the General Assembly date.
- Notwithstanding the individual provisions of the Procedural Regulations, the General Assembly shall deliberate on the moral and financial reports for the past two-year period, as well as on the items on the agenda, details of which will have been submitted to the Federations two months prior to the date of the Congress. The General Assembly opens and ends its session based on the agenda.
- The General Assembly is directed by the IZSF President or, in his absence, by his deputy or one of the Vice-Presidents or by the Secretary General, appointed by the president.
- The General Assembly agenda has to be prepared by the Bureau and approved by president before distribution among members. The discussions shall be based on the provisions of the agenda. However, the General Assembly may decide, with a majority of two-thirds of the votes and president’s approval, to examine a question which is not placed on the agenda and put forward by representatives. The motions which the affiliated Federations request to be placed on the agenda must reach the IZSF Secretariat three months before the date of the General Assembly meeting.
- Two months before General Assembly, the Secretariat shall submit the motions thus formulated as well as the agenda to the National Federations for them to study. Within the two months following the General Assembly meeting, the minutes of the proceedings, signed by the President shall be forwarded to the National Federations.
- The adopted decisions of the General Assembly signed by IZSF President on behalf of the General Assembly shall be submitted for registration to Company Registration Office of the Organization for Registration of Deeds and Property of Islamic Republic of Iran or registry offices in Switzerland or other parts of the world.
Note1- President of the General Assembly can determine the voting method either by raising hands or written votes or electronic devices.
Note2- Voting for election of IZSF President, Executive Committee members, proposal of amendment of the Constitution, admission or dismissal of a member will be through secret ballot.
The adopted decisions of the General Assembly shall be valid with a majority (half plus one) of the votes of the present members. In the case of an equality of votes, the Chairman of the meeting may execute the casting vote.
Each affiliated member whose membership has been officially accepted by IZSF is entitled to one vote provided that upon the approval of the IZSF president it is up to date with the payment of its dues to the IZSF and its representative is present at the General Assembly.
The IZSF Bureau members have the right to one vote which may not be delegated.
Nominations must be submitted to the Bureau in writing.
Note1- President and Honorary Members may attend the General Assembly as advisors and will not have the right to vote.
Note2- A National Federation not attending the congress may delegate authority of Proxy to another National Federation or to Executive Members.
Notwithstanding the provisions of Article 19 above, an extraordinary General Assembly meeting may be held with the following conditions:
- If requested by IZSF President.
- If requested by at least two thirds of the General Assembly members in writing after president approval.
Note1- The reason for holding the Extraordinary General Assembly must be stated in writing.
Note2- The General Assembly shall only discuss and approve the announced issue(s).
Note3- Based on time requirements, IZSF President shall decide the place and date of Extraordinary General Assembly. Members shall be notified in writing of the date within a minimum of 90 working days before the meeting.
The IZSF is directed and administered by an Executive Committee of 19 members including:
- Deputy President
- Two Vice-Presidents
- Secretary General
- Five Continental Representatives
- Technical Committee Chairman
- Medical Committee Chairman
- Marketing and Advertising Chairman
- Para-Zurkhaneh Committee Chairman
- Education and Research Committee Chairman
- Three ordinary members
Note 1- Executive committee members are sitting in person and under no circumstances do they represent their own country or their National Federation.
Note 2- The members and chairmen of Committees (provisions of Articles 7-11) are determined and appointed by IZSF President.
Note 3- the members of Executive Committee is not limited to 19 and in case by implementing Note of paragraph ‘A’ of Article 38 of this Constitution, the number of committees increases, the chairmen of these committees will be members of Executive Committee and subject to note2 of this article.
Note 4- In the Executive Committee, at least one seat is allocated to women.
Note 5- They cannot be automatically replaced by an individual from their National Federation if they pass away or resign from the IZSF Executive committee, but rather in the next Assembly election, their substitute will be elected according to the regulations.
Note6- However, except for the IZSF President, the Honorary President, Treasurer, Secretary General, chairman of the technical committee, one of the female members, who are Chair Holders of the Executive Committee, from I.R. Iran (The Motherland of this sport), the executive committee may not comprise more than one member of the same nationality.
Note7- Continental Confederations Chairmen, who are members of the Executive Committee, have the right to vote.
Note8- The Executive Committee may invite an Honorary President or an advisor to the Executive Committee. The Honorary President or advisor will not have the right to vote.
Note9- The term of the service of the Chairmen of Continental Confederations in the IZSF Executive Committee is equivalent to their term of presidency at the Continental Confederations (4 years). Continental Confederations must hold their elections prior to the IZSF elections, and if for any reasons the Confederations elections were not held prior to the elections of IZSF, membership of the chairmen of Confederations in the IZSF Executive Committee, if approved by the IZSF President, will continue until the next Confederations elections.
Article 24- Conditions of membership in the Executive Committee:
Candidates for membership in the Executive Committee must be introduced to IZSF secretariat by National Federations via certified mail, three months prior to the elections. These candidates, after approval by IZSF President, may participate in the Executive Committee election. Candidates for membership in the Executive Committee must speak one of the official languages of IZSF (Farsi, English).
The term of office of the members elected to the IZSF Executive Committee, except for the first duration, is four years after which they may put themselves for re-election. If there is a vacancy in the IZSF Executive Committee, for whatever reason, arrangements must be made for the member(s) concerned to be replaced at the following General Assembly meeting. The term of office of the newly elected members shall end at the expiration of the term of office of the members they replace.
Members of the IZSF Executive Committee are elected by secret ballot, as stipulated in Articles 23-25 and after IZSF President approved, for the duration established in Article 25. Only votes held by the affiliated National Federations, and by members of the Executive Committee attending the General Assembly meeting, may be cast. Elections shall be held on the basis of an absolute majority (half plus one) on the first ballot. If necessary, on the second ballot, the candidates shall be elected by relative majority depending on the number of votes cast.
Note1- To encourage participation of women in the Bureau, at least one seat in the Executive Committee is allocated to women. Term of office of this member and method of electing her will be similar to men’s.
Note2- IZSF President and Executive Committee members can stand for re-election.
Note3- Executive Committee members and the IZSF President are elected in an official capacity. In no way do they represent their National Federation.
Note4- An Executive Committee member, including the President, who comes to the end of his mandate, can put himself forward without having his National Federation's agreement.
Note5- In the event of two members coming from the same National Federation being candidates at the same election in the same position having a majority in the first round of the ballot, the one with the highest number of votes will be elected to the IZSF Executive Committee.
Note6- In the event the election leads to the second round, during the second round, the one with the highest number of votes will be elected as IZSF Executive Committee member. In the event of a tie, again election will be held. And if this condition is repeated, the decision of the IZSF President will be considered.
- The IZSF Executive Committee has full powers to carry out the IZSF's financial, technical and moral administration. It shall control and supervise the activity of the IZSF between General Assembly meetings.
- The IZSF Executive Committee prepares and submits to General Assembly the reports on its activities and financing, as well as on any propositions for the General Assembly to review and approve.
- The IZSF Executive Committee shall select the members of the Disciplinary Committee and Sporting Appeal Commission, among the persons introduces by IZSF President.
- In critical situations (such as war, natural disasters and so on, the opposition of states, etc.) when it is not possible to hold the General Assembly, this body shall take appropriate action in order to pursue the aims of IZSF Constitution, and make appropriate decisions to protect the interests of the IZSF. But these decisions must be approved by the General Assembly at its first ordinary general assembly.
Note- IZSF President determines if the situation is critical.
- IZSF President can divide responsibilities among Executive Committee members based on their preparedness and competence and according to the agenda approved by the General Assembly.
- For all questions or problems not mentioned in this Constitution, as well as any amendments which may be made to the latter due to circumstances arising, the IZSF Executive committee is empowered and authorized to take all necessary decisions which shall remain in force until the following meeting of the IZSF General Assembly which shall be called upon to be informed of the contents of the decisions and to discuss them.
- The Executive Committee may delegate some of its powers to IZSF President or to its auxiliary bodies.
Executive Committee meetings shall be held by observing the following conditions:
- Convened by IZSF President.
- At the written request of two third of its members from IZSF President and after his approval.
- Executive Committee meetings shall be held at least once a year.
- Any member absent from three consecutive meetings shall lose his IZSF Executive Committee membership. This also applies to the Continental Presidents.
- The presence of two third of the members of the IZSF Executive Committee is required for resolutions to be valid.
Resolutions shall be passed by a majority vote of the members present. Minutes of the meetings shall be drawn up by the Secretary General, and signed by the IZSF President.
Note1- The Executive Committee meeting is directed by the IZSF President or, in his absence, by his deputy or one of the Vice-Presidents or by the Secretary General.
Note2- In the event of a tie in the Executive Committee, the final decision will be made by the IZSF President.
Note3- IZSF Executive Committee members have the right to be reimbursed for their travel, hotel and daily representation expenses for all travel incurred for the IZSF, at the orders of the IZSF President.
- The IZSF Bureau is made up of the President, Secretary General, Deputy President, Vice-Presidents and the Treasurer. All members of the Bureau are invited to take part in all Bureau meetings. The IZSF President may invite other members of the Executive Committee to take part in the Bureau meetings.
- In case any of the Bureau members fail to attend the Bureau meeting, in coordination with IZSF President, they can introduce one of the members of the Executive Committee to attend the meeting on their behalf. The introduced person after IZSF president approval can attend the Bureau meeting and have the right to vote.
- Determining the host of various events based on the recommendations of the countries is the authority of the Bureau.
- The Bureau will develop and implement the calendar of the events and hosts and will report to the Executive Committee at its first meeting.
- The Bureau is empowered to develop all the IZSF Internal Rules and Regulations.
- The decisions of the Bureau are formalized with the votes of three members. In case of the equality of votes, the President’s vote shall take effect.
- The Bureau can call on the services of experts, including persons outside IZSF.
- The members of the IZSF Bureau, National Federations may not receive a reward.
IZSF President is the highest executive authority of IZSF and with respect to the Motherland of this sport, Islamic Republic of Iran, is selected from this country. IZSF President shall manage the IZSF's day to day affairs and business as well as following the IZSF's activities and its general policies. In addition to controlling the organizational and administrative affairs of the International Federation, his duties include the following:
- Representing the IZSF at international meetings, at the sessions of the International Olympic Committee.
- Legal representative of the IZSF in legal and administrative cases.
- Surveying and approving candidates’ competency for Executive Committee.
- Final approval of the holding of the Assembly and the elections.
- Approval of all expenses of the IZSF.
- Studying and reviewing the issues related to the IZSF and making decisions to advance them.
- Appointing and issuing letter of appointment of the Chairmen of the Committees according to Articles 23, 38 and 39 of the Constitution and carrying out other appointments stipulated in other articles of this Constitution and putting forward their names to the IZSF Executive Committee.
- Appointing and issuing letter of appointment of one person as the CEO and determining his payment and job description.
Note1- IZSF President can be accompanied by the Secretary General or he can delegate some of his tasks to him.
Note2- In addition to the above tasks, in legal cases, the President may assign part of his responsibilities to another person through special power of attorney and in writing.
Note3- IZSF President shall be entitled to be reimbursed for transportation tickets, traveling and hotel expenses, etc.
Note4- IZSF President shall not be entitled to receive an official allowance for his work.
- Only members of the Executive Committee of the Motherland of Zurkhaneh Sports and Koshti Pahlavani (Iran) can be nominated for the position of the IZSF President.
- The IZSF President shall be elected for a term of four years, by secret ballot, at the General Assembly meeting.
- The term of IZSF presidency is four years and the elected president shall remain in office so long as he is a member of the Executive Committee.
Note1- Candidates for presidency must be introduced to IZSF secretariat via certified mail, three months prior to the elections. After examining the candidates’ documents and verifying them and their approval by IZSF President, the Executive Committee introduces the candidates to the General Assembly.
Note2- If the President resigns or dies, the Executive Committee shall elect one of its Iranian members to provisionally fulfill the presidential functions for a period of six months. Nevertheless, the new President must be elected during the Extraordinary General Assembly or the following General Assembly meeting, under the conditions laid down in this article.
Note3- The responsibilities of the provisional president include: 1- Fulfilling respective responsibilities under the supervision of the Bureau and the Executive Committee; 2- Convening the general and extraordinary assemblies.
Title seven- Secretary General and Treasurer
- The Secretary General is selected and introduced to the General Assembly by IZSF President.
- The Secretary General’s mandate lasts four years and is renewable.
- If the Secretary General fails to fulfill his responsibilities, he is suspended as decided by IZSF President and IZSF President appoints another person as Secretary General and puts him forward at the next General Assembly.
- The Secretary General supports the President in the leading and running of the IZSF and assumes the responsibility of secretary of Executive Committee and General Assembly meetings and draws up the minutes.
- The Secretary General is responsible for the smooth running of the IZSF Secretariat and accomplishes all the tasks which the IZSF President gives him.
- He is responsible for relations with the National Federations, Continental Confederations and other international natural or legal entities and IZSF officials, under the direction of the IZSF President.
Note- To fulfill his duties, the Secretary General shall be entitled to be reimbursed for traveling, hotel and representation expenses, and to receive an allowance for his work fixed by the IZSF President.
The treasurer is responsible to observe the IZSF maintaining properties and financial matters and preparing the annual budget draft and annual financial performance report (in cooperation with the Secretary General, CEO and Financial Manager) for submitting to the Bureau, Executive Committee and General Assembly.
Note– Making efforts to finance the IZSF according to the paragraphs of Article 14 of this Constitution and supporting the Marketing and Advertising Committee are among the duties of the Treasurer.
Title eight- Auxiliary bodies:
- National Federations in each continent and the unions affiliated to the IZSF in different countries that have been recognized as IZSF members in accordance with this Constitution, can establish Continental Confederations. These Confederations have a Constitution that will be approved by IZSF.
- The main aim of establishing these Confederations is to provide a framework to sustain cooperation and mutual relations among the members in that continent and their relation with the IZSF, hold continental events to promote and develop Zurkhaneh sports and Koshti Pahlevani on the continent concerned, to apply the IZSF’s directives and to ensure that the IZSF and Confederation’s Constitution and Regulations are followed.
- The Continental Confederation remains an internal organization of the IZSF belonging to the continent concerned and does not have any legislative power in the technical and regulation areas for Zurkhaneh Sports and Koshti Pahlevani and is governed by the IZSF Constitution.
- The Confederation is not a member but an auxiliary body of the IZSF.
Note1- The responsibilities, roles and method of using the capabilities of these Confederations to promote Zurkhaneh Sports and Koshti Pahlevani shall be developed in the framework of internal regulations of these Confederations by IZSF and approved at the General Assembly of the Confederation.
- The Continental Confederations are managed by an Executive Commission comprised of five individuals including: President, Vice-President, Secretary General, Treasurer and one member. They are elected by the General Assembly of Continental Confederations and their mandates last four years and are renewable. The headquarters and the secretariat of the Continental Federation must be in the President's residence and must be assured by the National Federation who put forward the candidature for the presidency of the Continental Federation.
- The Continental Confederations’ headquarters and secretariat is located in the permanent residence of the Confederation President. A National Federation that nominates a person for the presidency of the Continental Confederation must guarantee the establishment of the secretariat and undertake all its running costs in advance.
- The General Assembly meets every two years during the Continental Championships or any similar event. The Continental Confederation's General Assemblies follow the same procedures as the IZSF General Assembly.
- The agenda and the invitations to the Continental Confederations' General Assemblies must be approved by the IZSF President. If a Continental Confederation President has not convened an electoral general assembly, the IZSF President will convene one in his place.
Under no circumstances may a decision taken by a Continental Confederation with regard to a National Federation be taken and said to be executory if it has not been pronounced by the IZSF Executive Committee and membership is confirmed or cancelled only by the decision of the IZSF General Assembly according to the regulations of this Constitution.
IZSF has various committees and commissions including:
- Technical Committee
- Medical Committee
- Education and Research Committee
- Para-Zurkhaneh Committee
- Marketing and Advertising Committee
Note- If necessary, as decided by the President, other committees can be established, which will be equal in power and authority to other committees. Establishment of these committees, after they have started their activity, will be announced at the first meeting of the Executive Committee and General Assembly.
- Commissions are auxiliary bodies of the Executive Committee and Bureau which are suggested by the Bureau and after approval by IZSF President, will start their activity. IZSF President announces the establishment of the commissions to the Executive Committee.
- Structure and duties of the committees and commissions shall be approved by the Bureau.
- The committees and commissions will serve as auxiliary bodies under the authority of IZSF President.
- IZSF Executive Committee can establish other departments, commissions or work groups.
- The Commissions and committees comprise of one chairman, one vice-chairman, one Secretary and four to eight Members. The members' mandates last two years and are renewable.
- IZSF President appoints committees and commissions members. These members are taken from specialists in the field particular to that Commission and have working knowledge of one of the official IZSF languages (Farsi or English).
- Each candidacy for the committees and commissions must be put forward by the Members of the International Federation from different countries, accompanied by a written statement from the National Federation so that the process of selection and appointment is conducted by President. These Federations assure that they will bear the travel and accommodation costs for their candidates for the Commission's meetings to which they are summoned.
7Title nine- General Provisions:
- Members of the IZSF in different countries including National Federations and Member Associations or their affiliated Zurkhaneh may only participate in competitions organized by the Members and approved by the IZSF.
- At the written request of a National Federation, the IZSF Executive Committee may agree that a National Federation not yet affiliated to the IZSF participates in a tournament provided that this Federation has indicated its intention to become affiliated to the IZSF. Moreover, if the desired affiliation has not become effective within two years from the time the authorization was granted, no other authorization will be granted to the requesting affiliated Federation as long as the Federation, subject of the dispensation, is not affiliated.
- At the World Games and Tournaments, the IZSF Regulations, the International Olympic Committee Charter and International Anti-Doping Agency regulations shall be applied.
- Various Continental Championships remain under the same exclusive control of the IZSF and their regulations must conform to the principles established for the World Championships announced by IZSF, and no special provisions which transgress the Regulations shall be allowed.
- Each Championship, Continental and World event will be attributed following a bidding process and following the selection of the host by the IZSF, a contract is signed between the host Federation and the IZSF. The general regulations for hosting international competitions shall be in accordance with the Constitution and the abovementioned contract.
- Any club or association where Zurkhaneh Sports or Koshti Pahlevani is practiced may only organize or participate in an international contest if their National Federation is affiliated to the IZSF, and provided that it is not the subject of a suspension action. If the National Federation is not established in that country, the clubs and associations will be authorized to act according to the Regulations stipulated in Paragraph2 of this Article.
- All competitions must be included in the annual calendar and approved by the IZSF. If, an event is not included in the annual calendar, the organizing federation must request, by valid reasons, authorization from the IZSF Secretariat at least three months in advance, stating the date and the place of the event.
- The results and records of the international competitions and matches, signed by the officials in charge, must be forwarded to the IZSF Secretariat within seven days of the events and matches. If the Federation or organizers purposely fail to do this, the sanctions in the Disciplinary Regulations shall be applied.
- The Member States organizing international events must have settled all their financial obligations towards the IZSF, and must not be the subject of any disciplinary sanction or suspension. They must strictly apply the contract signed with the IZSF, as well as the general regulations for Championships and international competitions and all the obligations which follow at each Championship and international event.
- In order to protect the athletes’ health, more particularly on the occasion of World Games, World Championships, Continental Championships, World Cups, World Championships by team, in every matter and for all age groups, the organizers must obligatorily use IZSF approved and new tools for competition, training and warming-up for each Championship mentioned above.
- In the event of the IZSF signing contracts with suppliers or individuals, the organizer must send an inquiry to these contracted suppliers for supplying equipment.
- Federations are not authorized to give participation permission to athletes, supervisors, coaches and referees whose respective Federations are not affiliated to the IZSF, unless they are in an urgent situation, in which case they have to have already obtained the required license from IZSF.
- In order to promote Zurkhaneh Sports and Koshti Pahlavani, associations or clubs supervised by National Federations affiliated to the IZSF whose administrative office is located in another continent, by approval of their National Federations, can request from the IZSF the license for participation in the competitions held in a continent other than their place of residence and activity.
At the World Games, Continental or Regional Games, World Championships and Cups and Continental and Olympic Championships and Cups no participant (athlete, referee, Murshed, etc.) may represent a nation or be part of its national team if he does not have the nationality of the nation concerned.
- Every athlete from any country in the world has the right to participate in the competitions as long as he is in accordance with the IZSF Constitution, the IZSF Rules and Regulations and the normative documents of the National Federation concerned.
Note- In the event of a conflict between the laws and regulations of the National Federation and the IZSF laws and regulations, rules and regulations of the IZSF are valid.
- An athlete who lives abroad may not participate in events organized by the National Federation or affiliated association in the country in which he lives, unless he can produce an official certificate from the National Federation of his country while respecting the IZSF Transfer Regulations.
- An athlete who has been residing in the country where he works for one year or more may participate in club or national events if he is invited and without having received the authorization from the club and from the National Federation of his country.
- Invitations to foreign competitors or teams to participate in an event must always be extended through the National Federation concerned. The National Federation will give its permission (or not) depending on the IZSF Transfer Regulations. The organizing associations, clubs or Zurkhanehs must therefore send their invitations in coordination with or through their National Federation to the athletes. In countries where National Federations have not been established, coordination is made with the IZSF.
- The competitor who has obtained his new nationality through naturalization may not participate in competitions and activities coming under the control of the IZSF to represent his new country for two years after his naturalization. As far as the World Games are concerned, the provisions of the Olympic Charter must be followed.
- The competitor who obtains a new nationality through marriage can compete for his spouse's nation. In this case, he will have to provide all the documents and his new valid passport.
- An athlete can only change Zurkhaneh clubs within the permitted time period. In any given season, an athlete cannot change Zurkhaneh club or participate for two Zurkhaneh clubs in the same period.
- The IZSF Transfer Regulations are applicable to all athletes from all National Federations affiliated to the IZSF who apply to change Zurkhaneh clubs temporarily or permanently.
- An athlete's transfer takes place with a contract signed by the Presidents of both National Federations and the two clubs concerned, as well as the athlete mentioned in the contract according to the provisions laid down in the IZSF Transfer Regulations. Contracts are individual.
- The IZSF being the highest authority for all questions concerning the rules and regulations and their application in all of the competitions and there is no right of appeal concerning its decisions. The IZSF may delegate its judicial power to the organizing Committee of competition reserving the right to exercise its power itself when it decides to.
The parties to the contract shall be responsible for any financial or money contracts, or any type of binding documents, concluded by the National Federations or Continental Confederation in any areas with natural and legal persons and IZSF does not have any responsibility for all or part of the contract or agreement or binding document and disclaims liability for any claims made by the parties to the contract.
- IZSF operates in accordance with the Constitution and the adopted Rules and Regulations and the decisions taken by the members at any level and as well as the Inte